Rising Sun InnWest Bagborough
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
The pub was constructed around 16th-century cob walls and dates back to 1573. It was originally called The Shepherd’s Crook but was known to the villagers simply as "Crook". There is a magnificent original front door, original beams and more than 80 tons of solid oak timbers which gives the pub a special feel. In 2000, the pub was gutted by fire but was fortunately rebuilt. There’s an informal bar, known by the locals as ‘the riser’, a piano room, snug and high in the rafters, a dining room with views over Exmoor. Very much a food pub with an impressive menu. On a Sunday they serve as follows: 10am (brunch without a bar), 12pm Sunday lunch menu, 3pm lighter menu and 6pm normal evening menu. The food menu can be found on the website. An ideal base for walkers and cyclists.