Olde Poppe InnAxminster Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Ye Olde Poppe Inn is one of the oldest inns in the county. The earliest record refers to a date of 1792 when it was called "Culverhay". There is a tradition that the name of the Poppe Inn derived from when servants from Parrock Lodge could pop in the back entrance of the inn and have a drink without the squire’s knowledge. There is a plain public bar and a more comfortable lounge area with a wood burning stove within a large fireplace which separates the lounge from the dining area.